Here at Saraiya Pllc, we take National Cupcake Day very seriously. In honor of the holiday we thought we’d share some of our favorite cupcake recipes.
Enjoy and bake these fantastic cupcakes as your own way of celebrating National Cupcake Day!
Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes (Source: Hershey’s)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1-3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa (Best quality available)
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract (Best quality available)
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
Line muffin tin with paper liners. Heat oven to 350 degrees (F).
In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for one minute.
Stir in boiling water (the batter will be thin).
Fill liners 2/3 full with batter.
Bake cupcakes for approximately 18-22 minutes.
Cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
Makes 24-27 Cupcakes
My favorite buttercream frosting recipe for cupcakes (Source: Williams-Sonoma)
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 16 Tbs. (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 1/2 Tbs. milk, plus more, if needed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Food colorings (optional)
Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, combine the confectioners sugar, butter, the 4 1/2 Tbs. milk, the vanilla and salt and beat on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
If the frosting is dry, add more milk, 1 tsp. at a time, until it is creamy but still holds peaks. Tint with food coloring as desired. Makes about 4 cups.
Some other good cupcake recipes and dessert blogs:
- Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Toffee Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
- White Chocolate Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting
- Brown Eyed Baker
- Joe Pastry